Last updated January 22, 2017
We currently have no events scheduled on the farm. Please check back later. To visit the farm, please contact us directly before coming by. Thanks!
Home School Days at the Farm
Schedule to be determined - please check back. If you would like to be notified when a home school day is available, please email us (Mindy@FarmArcadia.com).
- Admission fee is based on cost of activities included
- Includes a tour of the farm and educational information about caring for animals, facts about the different species, and a chance to hand feed. (Excludes any horse rides - sorry!)
- Activities may include one of the following: cheese making (mozzarella), lye soap making (for older groups), making lavender wreaths or wands, candle dipping, making strawberry jam, or another activity.
- Please provide adequate supervision of all children in your group. We will be providing instruction and leading the tour.
- Strollers may not be able to reach all parts of the tour.
- Because there is likely a wide range in student ages, some information may be overly simple for older/more experienced students, or overly complex for younger/less experienced students. We try our best to engage all age groups, and may offer to divide groups by age/experience.
Anticipated June - July. Please check back for specific dates and times.
- $3 per quart, $6 per 2-quart, $12 per 4-quart basket - baskets included.
- One-quarter minimum admission for all people coming to pick strawberries. There is not admission fee, but all attending enter the fields to pick.
- Choose strawberries carefully. Please pick only those you intend to purchase. Select fruit that are bright red in color (except pineberries). Size does not matter with regards to ripeness. Avoid orange, pale, or slightly green fruit - they do not ripen after picking. Leave the stem intact, when possible.
- Supervised children picking fruit are welcomed - subject to the one-quart minimum. No pets. No spectators.
- Eating while picking is not recommended - fruit are not washed and exposed to the outdoors.
- Please bring a shade hat, water, snacks, and whatever else you need to remain comfortable. It is often breezy or windy "out on the Flats" where our farm is located - except when you count on it to help with the heat! Please take any garbage you bring in back out with you.
- Weather conditions may affect your picking experience. Please plan accordingly.
Sorry, no U-Pick lavender is available for 2017.